ESSENTIAL BANKRUPTCY FACTS
Are you facing overwhelming debt in Colorado? Record numbers of Coloradans are filing bankruptcy due to a combination of a struggling housing market, predatory lending, credit card debt, unemployment, and the high price of medical care. If you are drowning in these kinds of problems and need a fresh start, seek advice with a compassionate, experienced and affordable bankruptcy attorney, Andrew McKenna.
The Law Offices of Andrew McKenna, P.C. works with individuals in Colorado Springs and the Denver Metro Area to determine their best course of action in regards to bankruptcy. Mr. McKenna represents individual debtors only and specializes exclusively Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy:
– Chapter 7: The most familiar type of consumer bankruptcy, Chapter 7 allows individuals to completely discharge their debt in order to gain a fresh start. Certain types of debt must still be repaid, however, including child support and student loans.
– Chapter 13: An alternative for consumers filing for bankruptcy, Chapter 13 lets the debtor propose a repayment plan for the next 3-5 years.
Filing for Bankruptcy
Bankruptcy has become less stigmatizing because of the huge debt many have accumulated and numbers of individuals filing for relief. A middle class family who is struggling to get ahead can use bankruptcy as a chance to get a clean slate. If you choose to file for bankruptcy, you don’t have to lose everything. Colorado exemption laws allow families to protect:
– Your home up to a certain figure
– Automobiles up to a certain value and
– A limited amount of personal property
Legal Assistance for all of Colorado (Colorado Springs, North Metro Denver and Denver)
An experienced bankruptcy lawyer can help you move forward with filing for bankruptcy. As soon as your bankruptcy gets on record, all harassing call from creditors will stop, since the court prohibits them from all contact with you. Bankruptcy will:
– Halt foreclosure
– Stop garnishment of wages
– Eliminate credit card debt
– Discharging medical bills
– Erase bad mortgage debt
For trustworthy, compassionate and affordable bankruptcy advice in Colorado Springs and the greater Metro Denver Area, contact the Laws Offices of Andrew McKenna, P.C. Mr. McKenna is prepared to provide you personally with advise and represent you through the entire bankruptcy process. With over 25 years of experience, Andrew McKenna is more than able to handle your struggles with debt.